Station Camp Elementary School

Have A New Student Starting at SCE?  

Requirements for Enrollment as per Tennessee State Law and the Sumner County Board of Education are as follows:

  • Tennessee Certificate of Immunization (must provide before starting class)
  • Certified Birth Certificate (not mothers copy)
  • Two proofs of residency (address must be in our school zone)
  • Custody Papers (if necessary)
  • Drivers License or State ID for Identification



    **Legal Document or Lease for a specific address (notary public or typed/hand written letters from land owner are not accepted)

    **Current Bill assigned to specific address (electric, gas, water, landline telephone, cable) CELL PHONE BILLS, CREDIT CARD BILLS AND INSURANCE BILLS ARE NOT ACCEPTE

**Please Note:  To Enroll - You Must Currently Be Residing In the Station Camp Elementary School Zone.  Builder Contracts/Letters Can NOT Be Used As Proof Of Residency.

If you have questions regarding enrollment, please contact Brittany O'Brien.

Residency:  Please see required items for proof of residency.  If circumstances beyond your control prohibit you from providing these, Sumner County School District will allow your child to register for classes with the understanding that the parent/guardian will have three (3) school days to complete the residency requirements.  At the end of the school day, on the third (3rd) day, if the required documentation has not been turned into the school administrative office; your child will not be allowed to return to school until the documentation is complete.  At this time the Truancy Division of Sumner County School will be notifies that your child is truant from school.  If you do not own/rent your own residency and are declaring to SCE that you reside with another family, you must appear with the homeowner and complete a Residency Affidavit.  The Homeowner must be present and provide (2) utility bills in their name.  A Truancy Office from Sumner County Schools will verify residency. Dowload Residency Affidavit Here

NOTE:  A Truancy Officer may verify your residence at any time during the current school year

Custody:  If you child is not living with BOTH biological parents, we must have a copy of custody papers to verify that the child is living with the primary residential parent.  This is for your child’s protection, as well as to protect the school from liability.  Frequently, copies of these papers that you may have given a previous school will not be in your child’s school record.  Some schools keep these in a separate file and do not transfer them in the student’s record.

**If there is anyone whom your child should not have contact, you must furnish us with documents to declare that. 

Immunizations:  Out of State Immunizations must be transferred to a current TN Immunization Form at the Sumner County Health Dept or a Doctors Office. 

Birth Certificate:  Your child must be registered under the name given on the birth certificate.  If there has been a name change, please supply us with either a copy of the new birth certificate or the court order of the name change.

TN Code Annotated 49-6-5106 states “Use of name of birth certificate-A student shall be enrolled in school under the name that appears on such student’s certificate of live birth, or certificate of birth by adoption, if such adoption occurs prior to the child’s entrance into school…Court-ordered name changes will be entered on the student’s record upon receipt of appropriate court document.”

Withdrawal From Previous School:  We will request records from your child’s previous school.  You will need to go there to return all books, and pay any outstanding charges.  That school may hold the school records until this is done, and we will not be able to receive the information from them that we need.

Lunch Waiver:  If your child was on the program at the Sumner County School from which he/she is transferring, then the program will still be in effect here.  If you are transferring from a school outside Sumner County, you must reapply on the Sumner County form.  If you have a child in more than one school, the application only needs to be filed at one school.  There may be several days pass before your application is approved, so you will need to provide lunch for your child until the approval is finalized.  Any questions about the lunch waiver program should be directed to the SCE café manager.

Our Mission

In partnership with parents and community, SCE's mission is to strive beyond educational expectations to instill a love of learning in each student. We will provide an environment that celebrates and explores our potential as diverse learners by embracing the uniqueness of the whole child.