Station Camp Elementary School
“Inspiring Learners of Today to Become Leaders of Tomorrow"
In partnership with parents and community, SCE's mission is to strive beyond educational expectations to instill a love of learning in each student. We will provide an environment that celebrates and explores our potential as diverse learners by embracing the uniqueness of the whole child.
- We believe learning should take place in a safe, loving, caring environment.
- We believe in the willingness and eagerness to accept and celebrate our differences that make us special and unique.
- We believe that learning should challenge and inspire all students to reach their individual potential and to be lifelong learners.
- We believe that a partnership among parents, community, and school is an integral part in student success.
- We believe all teachers should provide encouragement, respect, and opportunities to foster success.
Our Collaborative Vision
- Deliver standards-driven, differentiated instruction based on the examination and analysis of data where students deeply understand the purpose of their learning.
- Provide authentic thinking/learning experiences allowing students to engage in self-directed learning that develops character and prepares them to contribute to the community.
- Participate in on-going, job embedded professional learning to design and deliver quality instruction.
- Create purposeful and intentional collaborative experiences with all stakeholders that include an atmosphere of mutual respect which encourages innovative and unique solutions.
| School Organization
- Commits to build and grow leaders by working collaboratively at all levels with an intentional focus on improving student learning.
- Keeps the vision in the forefront and consistently communicates with and involves all stakeholders to set high-expectations for accountable results.
- Ensures resources and technology are strategically utilized and equitable for collaborative learning among all classrooms.
- Continuously recruits, develops, and retains exemplary employees.
- Systematically unifies and ensures purposeful and intentional collaborative experiences that include an atmosphere of mutual respect which encourages innovative and unique solutions.
- Show ownership of their learning by receiving quality feedback to enhance self-directed learning through a variety of resources and technology with a shared purpose.
- Demonstrate their engagement by participating in differentiated instructional opportunities based on their needs.
- Participate in and benefit from purposeful and intentional collaborative experiences that include an atmosphere of mutual respect which encourages innovative and unique solutions.
| Parents and Community
- Partner with teachers to develop and support student engagement in self-directed learning that develops character and prepares them to contribute to the community.
- Provide resources that are aligned to support student needs.
- Engage in purposeful and intentional collaborative experiences that include an atmosphere of mutual respect which encourages innovative and unique solutions.
CONTINUOUS NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION
The Sumner County School System does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities; and provides equal access to all programs and youth groups. The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies:
Title IX Coordinators
Ms. Katie Brown (if student to student), Safe Schools, Healthy Students Coordinator, 695 East Main Street, Gallatin, TN 37066, 615-451-6500, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Shawn Curtis (if adults are involved), Assistant Director for Human Resources. 695 East Main Street, Gallatin, TN 37066, 615-451-5226, email@example.com
Ms. Selena Elmore, SCS Section 504 District Coordinator, 695 East Main Street, Gallatin, TN 37066, 615-451-6598, firstname.lastname@example.org